Villa Name : Des Indes Villa Bali
Near to The Beach $720 /night
Des Indes Villa Bali – Luxury Private Villa in Seminyak
Located within Seminyak’s exclusive Laksmana private estate, less than five minutes’ walk from the beach, is the sublime Des Indes Villa Bali. This fully staffed, four-bedroom multi-pavilion residence is distinguished by its heritage joglo – a centuries’ old, elaborately carved teakwood building that was once the home of a Javanese aristocrat and now forms a palatial open-plan living pavilion.
The two master bedroom pavilions are just as generously proportioned, with deep verandas, den/libraries, air-conditioned bathrooms and tropical garden showers, while the two guest suites occupy a separate two-storey pavilion. Every impeccably decorated room features colonial-era furniture, oriental carpets, heirloom artefacts and curios, heritage posters and original art – animated by an experienced team that includes butlers and an accomplished chef. The pavilions encircle a 21-metre lagoon-style swimming pool at the centre of the villa’s mature tropical garden, edged with sun-loungers and parasols, and a traditional balé. Beyond the villa walls, the expanse of Petitenget Beach is barely five minutes’ walk away, along with some of Bali’s best-known establishments – among them Ku De Ta, Potato Head, Breeze at Samaya and La Lucciola.
Recline on a plantation chair with an espresso and good book. Follow a refreshing dip with a siesta in the garden balé. Sip a sunset cocktail prepared by your butler, then, after a candle-lit dinner prepared by your personal chef, retire to your romantic four-poster bed and sink into a deep restorative sleep. Des Indes Villa Bali is particularly suited to one or two families with older kids (though toddlers are welcome too), as well as groups of friends. While up to 12 guests may be accommodated within the villa, a further 14 guests can stay in Des Indes Seminyak in the same estate.
Bedrooms at Des Indes Villa Bali
In each of the two master suites, on an aged teakwood floor under a vaulted pavilion ceiling, sits an oversized four-poster bed, with King Koil mattress dressed in fine cotton bedding. Antique furniture and heritage artefacts enrich every surface, along with art books, magazines, and a 37-inch satellite-channel TV. An elegant dressing area leads to an enormous air-conditioned bathroom with twin basins, bathtub, walk-in shower and garden shower. Each master has its own air-conditioned den/library, with a fascinating collection of fiction and non-fiction, and a plushly upholstered sofa that doubles as an extra bed. All three rooms (bedroom, bathroom and den) open onto a wide veranda of Palimanan stone, where a marble-topped table and cane-backed chairs, planters chairs and comfortably cushioned steamer chairs provide yet more choice for private lounging.
Occupying a separate two-level building are the two beautifully furnished air-conditioned (and fan-cooled) guest bedrooms – each with a four-poster bed (which can be configured as two singles in the upper-level room), a window-seat that doubles as a spare bed, and colonial-style seating set before a 37-inch TV. Both rooms open onto a veranda, and also have a walk-through dressing area and ensuite bathroom (the downstairs room with alfresco shower and bathtub). The upper-level bedroom has its own entrance across the koi pond, and can also be accessed from the garden bedroom; useful for families who prefer inter-connecting rooms.
Living Spaces at Des Indes Villa Bali
At the heart of Villa Des Indes Bali is the magnificent living pavilion – a centuries-old elaborately carved teakwood joglo, once the home of a Javanese aristocrat and believed to be the best preserved in Bali. Within this large open-sided living space are separate zones: a dining area with table for eight, and three different seating areas where colonial-style cane and rattan sofas and planters chairs cluster around coffee tables laden with books on culture and art. Oriental carpets, lacquer ware drums and stone statues are among the myriad decorative pieces embellishing this glorious space.
In a separate pavilion is the guest bar and butler’s pantry, with antique masks lining one wall, an old cabinet brimming with spirits, and bar chairs pulled up at the counter ready for sunset cocktails. Along a corridor is the well-equipped kitchen – the chef’s domain, though guests are welcome to use it if so inclined. Further living spaces are found within the sleeping pavilions: an air-conditioned den/library in the master pavilions and verandas off the guest rooms provide private corners for repose away from the crowd. Within the garden is a cushioned balé that invites lengthy afternoon siestas. Even within the lagoon pool, there are places to sit, semi-submerged with a cocktail or good book.
Service and Facilities
- Des Indes Villa Bali capacity for 8 adults (3 king-size beds; 1 set of twin beds that can be joined to create a king) plus extra beds for 4 additional guests (adult or children) on request (additional charge applies).
- Fan-cooled living and dining area; air-conditioned den/library/study within both master suites; bar pavilion and butler’s pantry; garden balé.
- 21-metre lagoon pool.
- Villa manager; assistant manager; chef; cook; butlers/housekeeping; garden and pool staff; maintenance; security (night-time only at villa, 24-hour for estate). Additional staff (babysitters, masseuses) available on request.
- Breakfast is complimentary; priced menu of Western, Asian, vegetarian and children’s dishes for lunch and dinner; chef also experienced in Japanese and Thai cuisine; requests accommodated (including special diets).
- Fibre-optic internet with WiFi; landline for local calls (international calls charged); mobile phone coverage; phones in all rooms; laptop (and fax/printing) on request.
- 37-inch TV with satellite channels in all four bedrooms; Bose sound system; books and magazines in every room.
- Villa Des Indes Bali makes a great villa choice for families. Equipment such as baby cot, high chair, booster seat, baby monitor and pool fence can be supplied on request for a small additional charge.
- In-villa treatments selected from a comprehensive spa menu can be carried out by visiting spa therapists (extra cost applies).
- The villa’s central Seminyak location places many attractions within easy walking distance. If transport is required, the villa staff will happily call one of the island’s safe and reasonably priced metered taxis, or organise the hire of a car and driver for day trips further afield.
- Barbecue; back-up generator; safety deposit boxes; 2 massage beds.
- Daily Breakfast
- Turn down service
- Exclusive use whole villa facilities
- Wi-Fi internet connection
- Personal service by the villa staff
- Welcome drink
- Airport transfer included minimum 5 nights stay by PURI ASIA
|Bedrooms||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|9 Bedrooms Complex||1343||1590||1828||2431|
|Villa rates are subject to 15.5% service charge, taxes, etc. Please note the above rates are valid until 04 Jan 2020. Please email us if you would like to make a booking after this date.|
|Low : 01 Sep – 15 Dec 2017, 08 Jan – 14 Feb 2018, 22 Feb – 23 Mar 2018, 15 Apr – 27 Apr 2018, 02 may – 15 Jun 2018, 01 Sep – 14 Dec 2018, 06 Jan – 01 Feb 2019, 11 Feb – 04 Apr 2019, 22 Apr – 14 Jun 2019, 01 Sep – 14 Dec 2019
Shoulder : 21 Aug – 31 Aug 2017, 24 Mar – 28 Mar 2018, 03 Apr – 14 Apr 2018, 28 Apr – 01 May 2018, 16 Jun – 22 Jun 2018, 19 Aug – 31 Aug 2018, 05 Apr – 16 Apr 2019, 15 Jun – 21 Jun 2019, 18 Aug – 31 Aug 2019
High : 24 Jun – 20 Aug 2017, 16 Dec – 25 Dec 2017, 03 Jan – 07 Jan 2018, 15 Feb – 21 Feb 2018, 29 Mar – 02 Apr 2018, 23 Jun – 18 Aug 2018, 15 Dec – 25 Dec 2018, 02 Feb – 10 Feb 2019, 17 Apr – 21 Apr 2019, 22 Jun – 17 Aug 2019, 15 Dec – 25 Dec 2019
Peak : 26 Dec – 02 Jan 2018, 26 Dec – 05 Jan 2019, 26 Dec – 04 Jan 2020
- Location: The Laksmana Estate, Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia