Villa Name : The Layar
Pool View Villa $765 /night - On Sale
The Layar Four bedrooms Luxury Villas in Seminyak
One of a spectacular design-led villa resort in the heart of chic Seminyak is The Layar, moments from Bali’s best restaurants, boutiques and sunset beach bars. Cutting-edge contemporary architecture and ultra-chic interiors characterise the 23 villas, which offer stunning living spaces sculpted by the planes of the architects’ signature sloping roofs. Each individual villa is set within a private landscaped garden with large swimming pool, and from one to four spacious bedroom suites oriented for privacy.
Design enthusiasts are sure to love The Layar – meaning ‘sail’ in the Indonesian language and named in tribute to the villas’ distinctive roofs that taper dramatically to the ground like the rigging of a traditional sail boat. These iconic roofs, which are the signature of The Layar’s architects, create exciting split-level open living spaces with curved and angled walls and contrasting natural finishes that include tropical hardwoods, marble and stone sourced from the Indonesian archipelago. Light, spacious and open-plan for easy entertaining, living areas flow smoothly out to the swimming pool and jacuzzi deck and on into the garden. Many of the villas have mezzanine-level media rooms, and all have plenty of comfortable seating areas. The bedroom suites are large and designed for privacy – every room, even the bathrooms, enjoys garden views. The Layar offers a choice of one-, two-, three- and four-bedroom villas, each with its own distinctive design and all with an uncurbed feeling of space and openness. The one-bedroom villas are so romantic, yet even the largest four-bedroom villa has intimate, away-from-it-all corners.
Pleasing to those who treasure their privacy, staff only appear when you need them; The Layar is run along the lines of a boutique resort – complete with central kitchen and room service – so staff are on hand to tidy or serve up a sumptuous breakfast or poolside barbecue, otherwise you’ll have the villa entirely to yourself. And if you can tear yourself away, Bali’s best restaurants, bars and boutiques are only moments away, including the resorts own stylish Settimo Cielo for some fine Italian cuisine.
Bedrooms and Layout
Honeymooners and couples will love the design of this large, light-filled king-sized bedroom with its stylish seating area, window onto the courtyard and sliding doors to the pool deck. There’s no scrimping on space in the garden bathroom either – an elegant expanse of Palimanan stone with foliage-fringed shower, elongated counter with twin basis, and – in the adjacent white-pebbled courtyard – a decadently statuesque stone bathtub.
Careful thought has been given to the villa’s romantic living area, resulting in a wonderful sense of space, openness and flow that couples will appreciate. With such a splendid selection of settings to chose from, relaxation comes easy, day or night. Drift between the custom-designed teakwood sofa facing the entertainment centre, the sun-loungers reclining on the pool deck, the tiered shallow section of the pool just beyond the living area, or even the stone bathtub gracing the courtyard garden.
Behind a curved wall of India stone is the spacious king-sized master bedroom with sliding doors onto either a small deck or private corner of the garden. The glamorous bathroom is fitted with a large bathtub, shower and double basins, and features a private garden. The guest bedroom, also king-sized, is just as enticing and secluded, with garden view and an equally gorgeous ensuite bathroom.
At the heart of The Layar’s two-bedroom villas is the two-tiered, light-flooded living area, individually defined by angled roofs and curved walls. Handsome sofas, chairs and dining tables cluster on the acid-washed marble floors that flow unrestricted from the pool edge to a verdant courtyard overlooked by the open-plan and very well-equipped kitchen with a bar counter. The mezzanine media room appears to float above the living area, its curved bank of built-in seating gazing towards the pool.
The design intelligence so noticeable in The Layar creates an unprecedented sense of privacy for all three king-sized bedrooms, which lie off the main living area behind statement walls of stone or via well-screened entrances set at an angle or on different levels. The spacious master bedroom enjoys a glamorous bathroom with large bathtub, shower, double basins and a private garden. The guest bedrooms are just as enticing and secluded, with equally gorgeous indoor/outdoor bathrooms, many also featuring their own private garden areas.
A light-flooded living and dining area, defined by dramatic overlapping roofs and a mix of angled and curved walls forms the heart of the villa. Handsome furniture rests on the acid-washed marble floors that flow unrestricted from the edge of the pool to a raised area of polished Merbau-wood opening onto a very well equipped kitchen. Four of the villas have a mezzanine level media room; in the others the free-flowing living space is so large, it’s not missed.
A curved display wall creates an imposing backdrop to the master suite’s king-sized leather-and-wood bed which faces a bank of wardrobes and a desk set below a wall-mounted TV. A corner banquette looks onto a small garden open to the bathroom, where there’s a terrazzo bathtub, vanity with twin basins, shower enclosure and second alfresco shower.
Discreetly tucked off the living room in the main villa are the three large, air-conditioned, guest bedrooms, each with a unique charm. One is multi-level, with the king-sized bed on a raised Merbau-wood platform facing the pool, and a dressing area and large garden bathroom (with twin basins, indoor and outdoor showers and a bathtub) on the lower level. The two other bedrooms – one with a king, the other with twin beds – look onto their own corner gardens and also have indoor/outdoor bathrooms with bathtub, shower enclosure, and twin basins.
The large split-level living room provides a perfect balance of sociable open-plan entertainment space and quiet get-away-from-it-all corners. On a raised platform of polished Merbau wood, a dining table for eight is separated from the well-equipped kitchen by a bar counter. On the lower level, sofas are arranged around a coffee table overlooking the garden and pool. Above is a mezzanine media room where sensually curved seating runs the full length of one wall.
There’s more luscious lounging space in the garden, with oversized sunbeds languishing on the lawn and sun loungers and a circular love seat set on the pool deck. Submerged seating in the jacuzzi and shallow wings flanking the pool provide the perfect spots to stretch out and cool down. For sunset cocktails and alfresco meals there’s a dining table for six set before a barbecue cooking station.
Service and Facilities
- 4 x 1-bedroom villas; 7 x 2-bedroom villas; 11 x 3-bedroom villas; 1 x 4-bedroom villa.
- Open-plan living room; mezzanine media room in many villas; indoor dining for 4-8 people; poolside deckPoolEvery villa has a private swimming pool (1
- Every villa has a private swimming pool (1 br pool 45sqm; 2 br pool 44-56sqm; 3 br pool 50-75sqm; 4 br pool 86sqm) with shallow area for kids; jacuzzi in all 2-, 3- and 4-br villas except one of the 3- br villas.
- A team of 150+ staff, including an estate manager, chefs, cooks, butlers, 24-hour receptionist, daily housekeeping staff, maintenance engineers and security ensures the smooth running of The Layar Villa estate.DiningOptions include a priced room service menu of international and Indonesian meals; private
- Options include a priced room service menu of international and Indonesian meals; private barbecues and other specially ordered meals can be cooked at the villa. Or dine in style at Settimo Cielo, our chic Italian restaurant perched at the front of the villa estate.CommunicationComplimentary unlimited WiFi internet access and local telephone calls (international calls extra).EntertainmentSatellite TV and DVD/CD player in the living area or media room and in all bedrooms; iPod dock.Additional facilitiesBarbecue on request; in-room safes in every bedroom.For
- Complimentary unlimited WiFi internet access and local telephone calls (international calls extra).EntertainmentSatellite TV and DVD/CD player in the living area or media room and in all bedrooms; iPod dock.Additional facilitiesBarbecue on request; in-room safes in every bedroom.For
- Satellite TV and DVD/CD player in the living area or media room and in all bedrooms; iPod dock
- Barbecue on request; in-room safes in every bedroom.For
- The Layar is well equipped for families and includes a limited number of baby cots and high chairs. Pool fences are also available (extra charge applies)
- On request, the Layar reception team will call one of Bali’s safe and reasonably priced metered taxis, or arrange for car and driver hire (24 hours notice required, additional cost)
- A wide range of treatments can be carried out in the privacy of your villa by professionally trained spa therapists
- Property area 100sqm to 431sqm (villa); 250sqm to 1,081sqm (land).
- Complimentary Daily breakfast
- Flower and fruit basket arrangement in the villa upon arrival
- Welcome drinks and cold towels upon arrival
- 10-minute shoulder and head massage
- Coffee/tea basic pack
- Unlimited WiFi internet connection
- Airport transfers for minimum 5 nights stay by Puri Asia
Rates in USD
|Bedrooms||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
*Rates are subject to 21% percent government tax & service charge. All prices and season period are subject to change without prior notice.
|Season||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|2020||04 Jan – 23 Jan
02 Feb – 26 Mar
20 Apr – 30 Apr
04 May – 20 May
28 May – 11 Jun
25 Oct – 24 Dec
|24 Jan – 01 Feb
27 Mar – 07 Apr
15 Apr – 19 Apr
01 May – 03 May
12 Jun – 25 Jun
23 Aug – 24 Oct
|08 Apr – 14 Apr
26 Jun – 22 Aug
|25 Dec – 05 Jan|
- Location: Jalan Pangkung Sari No. 10X, Seminyak, Bali