Villa Name : Amilla The Great
Beachfront View Villa $26,600 /night
Amilla The Great Residence – Maldives Villa
Seeking a stunning absolute-beachfront residence on a spectacular tropical island ringed with pristine white-sand beaches, coral reefs and azure waters rich with marine life? Travelling with a few friends or families as a large group? Insisting on ultra-luxury living but with a breezy laid-back vibe? Yearning for complete privacy yet with easy access to top-notch restaurants, diving, water and land sports, spa therapies? The 8-bedroomed Amilla The Great Residence ticks all the boxes and so much more.
This is the largest of eight hyper-luxury residences on Amilla Fushi, on idyllic coral-rimmed spec of an island sitting within a UNESCO World Heritage Biosphere Reserve on the eastern edge of the Maldives’ Baa Atoll in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Contemporary in design with carefully curated interiors, it offers two palatial master suites, six further guest suites, and abundant living space for both entertainment and relaxation. Two alfresco dining decks and two private beach-edge swimming pools are the focus of outdoor activities while within the residence there’s gym equipment, table tennis, pool table, a PlayStation 4, myriad board games, and more TVs and DVD players than one can count. The kitchen and bar are both exceptionally well equipped – think range cooker, barbecue, coffee machine and wine fridges, and iPads and Marantz sound systems are among the high-tech gizmos.
The icing on the cake? Residents enjoy access to Amilla’s astonishing facilities: world-class restaurants; myriad diving, water and land-based activities; kids-&-teens club; and a world-class spa, gym and wellbeing centre. Called “the most idyllic and relaxing place on earth” by supermodel Kate Moss, Amilla Fushi can be reached by seaplane or a short domestic flight from Male International Airport (and ten minute speedboat ride). Alternatively private yachts are welcome at the resort’s marina. The 8 Bedroom Great Beach Villa Residence is the largest of eight luxurious rental properties at Amilla; smaller groups can opt for the 6 Bedroom Amilla Villa Estate or one of the six 4 Bedroom Villa Residences.
Bedrooms at Amilla The Great Beach Villa Residence
Within The Amilla Great Beach Villa Residence ’s eight stylish air-conditioned bedrooms, ultra-comfy beds dressed with quality cotton bedlinen and super-sized pillows rest on polished teakwood floors, surrounded by elegant designer furniture. All rooms feature hi-tech equipment to enhance your stay: Bose sound system, 42-inch or 50-inch TVs with satellite channels and Marantz DVD player, pre-loaded iPad (masters only) and code-protected computer safety box.
Both occupying a massive 110 square metres of space on either side of The Great Villa Residence, two master suites accord residents the most spectacular views. In each, a palatial 2.3-metre bed faces the turquoise ocean beyond the balcony. Two richly upholstered armchairs provide a corner for reading, watching a film or listening to the surf. Broad teak doors to one side of the bed slide open onto a statement bath perfectly positioned for ocean-view bathing. A hallway links the alfresco shower courtyard and indoor rain shower alcove to the large dressing room and a vanity with double basins. In the study area at the suite’s entrance are more wardrobes and a desk.
Guest suites – upper level
Overlooking the gardens at the rear of the villa are two pairs of mirror-image guest suites – two with king-size beds, and two with twin beds. Within each room is a comfortable seating area. On the balconies, statement bathtubs veiled by decorative screens gaze across a skyline of palms. Between each suite’s entrance and sleeping area is a dressing area, WC enclosure and bathroom with twin basins and walk-in rain shower. The king bedrooms also feature alfresco rain shower courtyards.
Guest suite – garden level
Just off the living room on the ground floor are two more guest suites, each furnished with 2 single beds and adjoined by a shower room. These rooms are ideal for children or teens.
Living Areas at Amilla The Great Beach Villa Residence
Forming Amilla The Great Beach Villa Residence ’s social heart is an absolutely enormous air-conditioned living and dining lounge, with spectacular sea views through glass sliding doors that open across the room’s full width onto the sandy garden. Clusters of seating are artfully arranged across a sea of geometric tiles that helps define this airy space, and two teakwood tables are the focus for fine dining in air-conditioned comfort. Huge pots, sculptural ceramics in organic shapes, a neutral sand-and-aqua palette and a wealth of natural materials emphasise the laid-back island vibe.
Above is the open-sided majilis – a spacious lounge, cooled by overhead fans and sea breezes, with sensational ocean views. This is the place to chill, work out on the gym equipment, or thrash your friends at table tennis and pool. This super-sized playroom provides a pretty cool hangout for teens, and is also a great spot for sunset cocktails.
Open to the garden-level living area is a well-equipped air-conditioned kitchen, with myriad equipment including wine fridge, range cooker, and pro coffee maker. This is where your katheeb prepares delicious breakfasts, or you can perch on a stool at the marble-topped counter and admire the culinary skills of the Amilla chefs as a gourmet dinner is created before your eyes.
In the bar on the other side of the lounge the Laurent Perrier is chilling in the wine fridge, just waiting for you.
The Amilla Great Beach Villa Residence ’s outdoor living space is framed by two 11 x 5-metre infinity swimming pools right on the beach edge, flanked by raised poolside sun decks furnished with love seats. On either side of the garden is an open-sided dining deck where eight comfy director’s chairs surround a teakwood table, giving a choice of eating areas – breakfast on one side, lunch on the other; or perhaps separate zones for adults and kids. Elsewhere in the beach garden, clusters of sunbeds and casual seating provide alternative spots for relaxation.
- Welcome drink
- Dedicated personal Butler (Katheeb) and an assistant Butler
- Dedicated private buggy for guest personal use during stay
- Breakfast and lunch in the residence from the Providore List or at the Baazaar Dinner at the Baazaar
- Wi-Fi internet connection
- Evening turn down service
- Fully staffed
Rates in USD
|Bedroom||27 Apr – 26 Dec||13 Apr – 26 Apr||27 Dec – 10 Jan|
*Villa rates are subject to 23,2% service charge, taxes, etc. All prices and season period are subject to change without prior notice.
Amilla Great Beach Villa Residence Calendar | Maldives | 8 Bedrooms
- LOCATION: Amilla Fushi, Baa Atoll, North Islands, Maldives.
- CAPACITY: 14 people (8 ensuite bedrooms: 4 with king-sized beds, 2 twins and 2 singles). Can accommodate up to 6 additional guests on extra beds (extra charge) + 2 baby cots.
- LIVING AREAS: Enormous air-conditioned living room with 2 dining tables – each for 10 or combined to seat 14; huge upper-level fan-cooled Majilis lounge; large bar area; well-equipped kitchen; two covered outdoor dining terraces with tables for 10; pool-edge sun deck; seating areas scattered in the beach courtyard.
- POOL: Two 11 x 5 metre beach-edge swimming pools.
- STAFF: Residence manager overseeing all residences; house master (katheeb) and assistant house master, who can prepare snacks and light meals; housekeeping; maintenance; security. Chef is on call for special dining requests.
- DINING: Providore: an extensive grocery list from which guests pre-select complimentary food and beverage items (including some alcoholic beverages) which are stocked at the villa to cater for guest breakfasts and light lunches. A second (chargeable) Providore list of premium meats, cheeses, fruits and other luxury items is also available. Complimentary daily afternoon tea pastries and pre-dinner cocktail snacks.
- COMMUNICATION: Mobile phone, in-room phones; WiFi; computer and printer.
- ENTERTAINMENT: iPods (living room and master bedrooms); TVs and DVD players (living room and all bedrooms); selection of books and DVDs; Table tennis table; pool table; PlayStation 4 (plus games); board games.
- ISLAND TRANSPORT: A personalised ‘Rolls’ beach buggy and a fleet of bicycles are provided at every villa, but if a gentle, sand-between-the-toes, walk is your preferred mode of transport, most island amenities are just a short stroll away.
- MARINE ACTIVITIES: Scuba diving; PADI dive training; dolphin-watching; snorkelling with mantas; turtle safari; big game fishing; jet skiing; water skiing; wakeboarding; parasailing; catamaran sailing; windsurfing; skibob wave-runner; speedboat and dhoni hire (all on guest account).
- LAND ACTIVITIES: Football; badminton; volleyball; table tennis; Frisbee; Pétanque; giant chess; arcade games; book library; board games; artist studio (classes on guest account) and use of 2 tennis courts. Guests may book a session with a Tennis Pro managed by Jim Courier Tennis for an extra charge.
- WELLNESS: World-class spa with private therapy pods; hair salon and barbers; beauty bar; ocean-front sauna and steam rooms with dipping pool; over-water yoga pavilion; Pilates; weekly workshops; well-equipped ocean-front gym; Bodyism programme expert and fitness trainer; wellness retreats and detox programmes.
- FAMILIES: Sultan’s Village Kids Club with day-long activities, an air-conditioned supervised clubhouse full of toys and games, fenced garden with paddling pool and playground; complimentary babysitting.
- ADDITIONAL FACILITIES: Barbecue; complimentary laundry service; complimentary one-hour session with resort photographer.