Villa Name : Amilla Villa Estate
Beachfront View Villa $26,000 /night
Amilla Villa Estate – Maldives Villa
Luring super-savvy travellers and celebrities alike, The Amilla Villa Estate is the pinnacle of pared-down luxury and privacy. Families and groups of friends looking for an unsurpassed and unforgettable holiday will fall in love with this truly outstanding six-bedroom pad – one of just eight hyper-luxury four-to-eight-bedroom residences on Amilla Fushi, a beautiful coral-rimmed island in the Maldives’ Baa Atoll, a UNESCO World Heritage Biosphere Reserve. This sublime beachfront residence sits on a powdery white-sand beach, with mesmerising sea views from practically every room – a sanctuary for those looking to relax, resource and reconnect.
The perfect example of contemporary Asian-style architecture, with thoughtfully curated, exquisitely detailed interiors, its unbelievably elegant living spaces include air-conditioned and outdoor living rooms, multiple dining rooms and bars, sleek kitchens, kids’ media and games rooms with PlayStation 4, and a study complete with iMac and printer. The bedrooms are equally chic, with spacious private balconies and seating areas, stunning bathrooms and a serious amount of wardrobe space. And the leisure facilities are sensational – a giant 20-metre lagoon-style pool with semi-submerged sun lounge and shallow kids’ pool, jacuzzi, high-tech gym, steam room, and spa & massage room. Volleyball and table tennis equipment invite residents to stir from their beachside sunbeds and gently swaying hammocks.
The Amilla Villa Estate is a world of its own. But if residents can tear themselves away, they can enjoy the island’s astonishing facilities: dine at world-class restaurants; explore the rich underwater world, dip into myriad water sports, join fascinating excursions, sooth their senses at the spa, and take life-changing wellbeing sessions and workshops. There’s also a kids club with day-long activities, and a free babysitting service.Called “the most idyllic and relaxing place on earth” by supermodel Kate Moss, Amilla can be reached by seaplane direct to the island or a short domestic flight from Male International Airport (and ten minute speedboat ride). Alternatively private yachts are welcome at the resort’s marina. As well as the 6 Bedroom Amilla Villa Estate, rental options at Amilla include six 4 Bedroom Villa Residences and the largest of the eight rental properties, the 8 Bedroom Great Beach Villa Residence.
Bedrooms at Amilla Villa Estate
Take a ringside seat for the spectacular sea views on offer from every corner of the master suite. The beach spreads beyond the wall of glass at the foot of the super-king bed, and the adjacent balcony looks over both pool and pearly sand. Access is through a light-filled study and dressing room with extensive wardrobes. Within the roomy ensuite bathroom is a steam/sauna, rain shower, twin basins and a sea-view bathtub.
Guest suites – upper level
All four upper level guest suites are surprisingly spacious, open onto private balconies, and enjoy sea vistas. Sink back onto the divinely comfortable bed for a siesta, soak in the stately tub, or dive into a comfy chair on the private balcony for a riveting read or sea-breeze snooze.
Guest suite – garden level
The only bedroom on the ground level has the advantage of its own separate entrance across the courtyard garden, as well as a private deck tucked away out of sight. So it’s perfect for independent-minded teens or older relatives who are happy to avoid the stairs.
Living Areas at Amilla Villa Estate
A feature of the Amilla Villa Estate is the prodigious number of sea-vista living zones – from air-conditioned entertainment areas that can host a full house to cosy away-from-the-crowd corners. All garden level living areas open onto the pool deck; the sliding glass doors can be left open for fan-assisted tropical living, or closed for air-conditioned comfort.
With three walls of glass opening onto the pool deck, the living lounge is flooded with natural light. A creamy colour palette, sheer curtains, elegant sofas and designer leather chairs create a calming oasis at the very heart of the villa. Those wanting less peace and quiet can fill the space with music courtesy the multi-zone Marantz sound system, or settle into a movie on the 60-inch TV with satellite channels and DVD player.
In the dining room, ten upholstered chairs gather around a teakwood table opposite a well-stocked service bar – the perfect spot for a formal dinner in air-conditioned comfort. For casual snacking there’s a breakfast counter within the large semi-open-plan kitchen – exceptionally well equipped with countless culinary gadgets including wine fridge and Nespresso coffee maker.
Teens and kids may well gravitate to the cinema and games rooms, conveniently sited a hop and skip from the pool. PlayStation 4 and diverse board games will keep them occupied, and there’s no need to argue over the choice of movie as there’s a large screen TV and DVD player in both.
Four walls of white plantation shutters filter the bright tropical light into the library/study; with its iMac and printer, plus a small selection of books, this restful space will appeal to kids of all ages. Arguably more relaxing is the spa room with twin massage tables, separate sauna/steam room, and beach-edge air-conditioned gym with Life fitness equipment including state-of-the-art running machine, G7 workout machine, weights and bench.
The focus of the Amilla Villa Estate is the huge 20 x 8-metre lagoon-style pool, set in a teakwood deck that spans the full width of the villa. Here, loungers are sunk into a shallow section for the ultimate chilled sunbathing experience. Eight more sun loungers lie on the beach of powdery white sand in front of the pool, and hammocks sway among the palms. To one side is the sea-breeze-cooled outdoor dining lounge and bar – designed for supine siestas sprawled on the modular sofa, and elegant dinners in the glow of candlelight.
On the other side of the garden, a jacuzzi set into the beachfront deck promises warm bubbly dips under a canopy of stars, perhaps after a rooftop sundowner cocooned in a loveseat on the sunset deck/cocktail lounge. For private alfresco living, the six bedrooms offer quiet areas of relaxation on sea-view balconies and decks.
- Welcome drink
- Dedicated personal Butler (Katheeb) and an assistant Butler
- Dedicated private buggy for guest personal use during stay
- Breakfast and lunch in the residence from the Providore List or at the Baazaar Dinner at the Baazaar
- Wi-Fi internet connection
- Evening turn down service
- Fully staffed
Rates in USD
|Bedroom||27 Apr – 26 Dec||13 Apr – 26 Apr||27 Dec – 10 Jan|
*Villa rates are subject to 23,2% service charge, taxes, etc. All prices and season period are subject to change without prior notice.
Amilla Villa Estate Calendar | Maldives | 6 Bedrooms
- LOCATION: Amilla Fushi, Baa Atoll, North Islands, Maldives.
- CAPACITY: 11 people (6 ensuite bedrooms: 4 with super-king beds, 1 twin and 1 single). Can accommodate up to 2 additional guests on extra beds (extra charge) + 2 baby cots.
- LIVING AREAS: Air-conditioned living lounge; air-conditioned dining area with table for 10 and service bar; cinema and games rooms; library/study; outdoor dining lounge; rooftop sun deck/cocktail lounge; seating areas on bedroom balconies and verandas; extensive pool decks.
- POOL: 20 x 8 metre lagoon-style beach-edge swimming pool.
- STAFF: Residence manager overseeing all villa residences; house master (katheeb) and assistant house master who can prepare snacks and light meals; housekeeping; maintenance; security. Chef is on call for special dining requests.
- DINING: Providore: an extensive grocery list from which guests pre-select complimentary food and beverage items (including some alcoholic beverages) which are stocked at the villa to cater for guest breakfasts and light lunches. A second (chargeable) Providore list of premium meats, cheeses, fruits and other luxury items is also available. Complimentary daily afternoon tea pastries and pre-dinner cocktail snacks.
- COMMUNICATION: Mobile phone, in-room phones; WiFi; computer and printer.
- ENTERTAINMENT: iPods (living room and master bedroom); TVs and DVD players (living lounge, cinema and games rooms and all bedrooms); selection of books and DVDs; Table tennis table; PlayStation 4 (plus games); board games.
- VILLA SPA/GYM: Well-equipped air-conditioned gym; steam/sauna room; massage/spa room; deck-top jacuzzi.
- ISLAND TRANSPORT: A personalised ‘Rolls’ beach buggy and a fleet of bicycles are provided at every villa, but if a gentle, sand-between-the-toes, walk is your preferred mode of transport, most island amenities are just a short stroll away.
- MARINE ACTIVITIES: Scuba diving; PADI dive training; dolphin-watching; snorkelling with mantas; turtle safari; big game fishing; jet skiing; water skiing; wakeboarding; parasailing; catamaran sailing; windsurfing; skibob wave-runner; speedboat and dhoni hire (all on guest account).
- LAND ACTIVITIES: Football; badminton; volleyball; table tennis; Frisbee; Pétanque; giant chess; arcade games; book library; board games; artist studio (classes on guest account) and use of 2 tennis courts. Guests may book a session with a Tennis Pro managed by Jim Courier Tennis for an extra charge.
- WELLNESS: World-class spa with private therapy pods; hair salon and barbers; beauty bar; ocean-front sauna and steam rooms with dipping pool; over-water yoga pavilion; Pilates; weekly workshops; well-equipped ocean-front gym; Bodyism programme expert and fitness trainer; wellness retreats and detox programmes.
- FAMILIES: Sultan’s Village Kids Club with day-long activities, an air-conditioned supervised clubhouse full of toys and games, fenced garden with paddling pool and playground; complimentary babysitting.
- ADDITIONAL FACILITIES: Barbecue; complimentary laundry service; complimentary one-hour session with resort photographer.