Villa Name : Pointe Sud
Ocean View Villa $1,000 /night
Pointe Sud – Srilanka Villa
Pointe Sud is a private house designed as a love letter to a first and long-time love. Built with so much attention to detail,the villa oozesa grandiose romance. An enchanting stone path leads through tropical flora and along a frangipani flanked walkway to Pointe Sud’s double fronted doors. The clipped lawns, intelligent landscaping and stunning sea views are utterly captivating.
On entering the Pointe Sud Sri Lanka, four large arches dominate the high ceiling in the main living room, creating a unique space, separated by antique furniture and comfy sofas. Hanging from the centre of the ceiling is a large iron chandelier adding to the grandeur. Extending out from the main living space towards the Indian Ocean is a veranda, decked with a dining table, wicker furniture and an appealing day bed… the ideal spot to lap up the view. Situated at the entrance of the villa, two en-suite rooms mirrored in design, hide behind antique doors. One serving as the children’s twin with two single four-poster beds, the other as a guest double with a four-poster queen. The rooms are light and breezy with the wooden galley entrance adding a certain nautical feel. Above these bedrooms, accessed via a stairway hidden in the wooden paneling, is the mezzanine room complete with Satellite TV, DVD Player and a vast array of books and board games. On the opposite side to the entrance is a second guest double with windows opening out to the English style garden, running the back length of the house. This room enjoys a double four-poster queen and en-suite, and like all the bedrooms enjoys air conditioning and overhead fans.
The final bedroom of Pointe Sud is the master suite, also leads off from this side of the living area and has a four-poster queen bed, surrounded by windows. It includes a day bed, which can be adjusted for small children. A corridor illuminated by an oval window (another nautical touch) with woven stone tiles is lined by long timber floorboards. This intriguing architectural addition leads left to the en-suite and walk in wardrobe.The en-suite also has its unique Pointe Sud touches, including a water cupboard (WC) toilet and separate shower cupboard, both with floor to ceiling white, broken tile mosaic. Twin sinks and a large wooden ladder for a towel rail can also be found. The corridor provides access to the private outdoor garden, complete with bathing pavilion. The 5th bedroom stretches the length of the house in a unique tunnel shape and houses a double bed as well as sofas. This bedroom, complete with an en-suite, is accessed under the main outdoor steps that lead down to the garden. Grand white stone steps lead down from the veranda to the terraced garden; and the lush green lawns are framed with bright white walls and shaded by swaying palms. The lower terrace is blessed with a chic infinity pool and views leading over the treetops out to the ocean. The rectangular pool is surrounded with stone tiles, an outdoor shower and sunloungers at both ends.These gardens are dotted with the Sunset Pavilion, a Meditation Pavilion, and Yoga Pavilion as well as hammocks. Beside the pool, steps wind down to another garden with a private wooden gate leading to out to the beach.
Service and Facilities
- Bedroom 1: Master Suite: Queen 4 poster bed. The sofa that can be converted to the single bed for small child. Timber flooring. Air con and ensuite. Bathtub in outside pavilion.
- Bedroom 2: Guest double: Queen 4 poster bed. Air con and ensuite.
- Bedroom 3: Guest double: Queen 4 poster bed. Air con and ensuite.
- Bedroom 4: Children’s twin: Single twin 4 poster beds. Air con and ensuite.
- Bedroom 5: Guest Double: Lower level accessed from outside of the main house. Large room with sleigh bed at one end. Air con and ensuite
- Sitting / Dining room: Open plan. High ceiling. Sofa. Dining table. Overhead fans.
- TV room: Small room on the mezzanine level. Sat TV / DVD.
- Terrace: Dining table and wicker armchairs. Overhead fans. Sea views.
- Sunrise / sunset / meditation / siesta pavilions: Two private cliff side pavilions with seating.
- Swimming pool: Rectangular tiled. Infiniti edge with sun loungers at each end.
- Yoga pavilion: Lower garden level with direct access to the beach.
- Kitchen/staff quarters: Fully equipped modern kitchen and separate staff quarters.
- Exclusive use whole villa and listed facilities
- 24-hour security
- Internet connection capable
|Bedrooms||Low Season||Mid Season||High Season||Peak Season|
*Rates are subject to 1.7% service charge, taxes, etc. Please note the above rates are valid for 2018 – 2019. Please email us if you would like to make a booking after this date.
|Low Season||Mid Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|01 May – 30 Jun
01 Sep – 30 Nov
|01 Jul – 31 Aug||01 Dec – 15 Dec
11 Jan – 30 Apr
|16 Dec – 10 Jan|