Villa Name : Villa Cemara
Beachfront View Villa $1,160 /night
Villa Cemara – Absolute Beach Front Villa in Sanur
Absolute beachfront villas in Bali are few and far between. But holidaymakers seeking a blissful tropical vacation in a luxury villa with a laid-back beach vibe will find that five-bedroom Villa Cemara in Sanur on Bali’s south-eastern coast ticks all these boxes, and more. This private residence rests on 60 metres of beachfront land, with direct access to an expanse of golden sand and shallow, lagoon-like sea.
Named after the native tree that shades the temple guarding its entrance, Villa Cemara comprises a cluster of one- and two-storey alang-alang thatched pavilions inspired by the compound-style of traditional Balinese family homes and arranged around a 14-metre greenstone-tiled pool. Every room boasts boundless ocean views across the Lombok Strait to the islands of Nusa Penida and Nusa Lembongan. Acclaimed Balinese architect Popo Danes fused the best traditional materials and craftsmanship with contemporary furnishings and facilities to create a gracious, elegant and comfortable home for the villa’s Australian owners, promising days full of magic. Linger over a leisurely lunch prepared by the villa’s cook from an extensive suggestion menu and served in the open-sided living pavilion. Take a siesta on the pool deck, indulge in a massage at the beachfront balé or sink into the black terrazzo jacuzzi in the master pavilion’s private bathroom courtyard. After a candle-lit dinner or fresh-from-the-sea barbecue, retire to your air-conditioned bedroom for a night of sweet, sun-induced slumber.
Only a 15-minute drive from Bali’s international airport, Villa Cemara is perfect for one or two families or a group of friends seeking tropical open-air living, bags of ‘Bali-style’ character, boundless ocean views and an unbeatable beachfront setting. Along the eight-kilometre-long promenade beyond your private beachfront gate are kite surfing and sea-sports centres, as well as laid-back beach cafés, while some of Sanur’s most notable restaurants, bars, boutiques and galleries are also within easy reach of the villa. But with the villa’s dedicated staff on hand to attend to your every whim, you may be tempted just to stay home!
Bedrooms at Villa Cemara
All five bedroom suites are named after tropical flowers found in the villa gardens. Cooled by air-conditioning, ceiling fans or the sea breeze, they have quality beds dressed in crisp cotton linen, handsome teakwood furniture and intriguing lamps, blackout curtains and Bose speakers.
Heliconia, the impressive master suite, occupies a stand-alone alang-alang thatched pavilion adjacent to the beach and separated from the pool area by a water feature. Stepping stones lead to a shaded Palimanan stone terrace where traditional Balinese doors open onto an elaborately carved feature wall running the full length of the suite. A handsome collection of antique furniture and Indonesian art decorate this air-conditioned and fan-cooled space, which is divided into a sleeping section furnished with a king-size bed, and a living area with cane armchairs and a large daybed facing a 42-inch TV. Beyond a wall of glass is a magical rock-garden with pond and waterfall. Out of sight is a dressing room with copious shelving and hanging space.
Equally impressive is the air-conditioned bathroom with terrazzo twin vanity and, beyond glass doors, a garden courtyard where a jacuzzi is framed by a river-stone wall carved with fish and dotted with birds nest ferns, and an alfresco shower shares space with a water-wall.
Villa Cemara’s four guest bedroom suites are housed in a pair of two-storey alang-alang thatched pavilions facing the ocean across the pool. All feature king-size beds (two convertible to twins), fascinating colonial-style furniture and artefacts, walk-through wardrobes, air-conditioning and ceiling fans. There is a 42-inch TV and DVD player in the two downstairs rooms, from where traditional carved Balinese doors open onto garden terraces with marble bistro table and chairs. The two upper level suites feature vaulted ceilings and reward guests with sweeping sea views through two walls of glass.
All four bathrooms in the guest suites have an air-conditioned section with twin vanity and alfresco courtyard shower. Bathrooms in the garden suites also feature terrazzo bathtubs.
Living Areas at Villa Cemara
Strategically positioned by the pool to accord guests a spectacular ocean vista, the huge open-sided living pavilion is Villa Cemara’s social hub. Chic contemporary armchairs, an over-sized sofa and traditional Indonesian daybed rest on a Palimanan stone floor under the soaring alang-alangthatched roof, promising convivial space for relaxing round the antique carved panel coffee table. In the dining area, a stunning marble-topped antique dining table comfortably seating 10 is the perfect setting for candlelit dinners, cooled by ceiling fans and the sea breeze.
From the living pavilion, steps across a koi pond lead to the villa’s kitchen, handsomely designed and equipped with everything from coffee maker to commercial stove, wok to walk-in fridge.
Sun worshipers will enjoy lounging on the two pool-side decks after taking a refreshing dip in the Bali green-stone pool. Those seeking shade for a siesta will gravitate to the alang-alang thatched balé raised above a waterfall-filled rock pool overlooking the beach.
Service and Facilities
- Capacity for 10 adults (3 king-size beds; 2 sets of twins convertible to kings); extra beds for 4 children available on request (extra charges apply).
- Fan-cooled beachfront living and dining pavilion; garden balé; poolside sun decks.
- 14 metres pool.
- Villa manager; assistant villa manager; cook; housekeepers; garden and pool staff; security. Additional staff (babysitters, masseuses) available on request.
- Suggestion menu of Western, Asian, vegetarian and children’s dishes; cook also experienced in Japanese and Thai cuisine; requests accommodated (including special diets).
- Broadband internet with WiFi; landline for local calls (international calls charged); mobile phone coverage; telephones connecting all rooms.
- 42-inch TV with Indovision satellite channels and DVD player in master, and both garden level suites; Sonos; Bose iPod dock; digital music library; DVD library’ books and magazines; board games.
- Families with young children will appreciate the baby cot, high chair and booster seat available at the villa. Other equipment can be supplied on request for a small additional charge.
- In-villa massage can be arranged on request, using visiting therapists (extra cost applies).
- A 6-seater Kijang and a 12-seater mini-bus are available for up to 8 hours a day at small additional cost. Metered taxis are also easily available from this central Sanur Location.
- Barbecue; safety deposit boxes.
- Exclusive use of the whole villa and listed facilities
- Personal service by the villa including full time manager, chef, security
- Welcome drink and fruit basket upon arrival
- Turn down service
- Wifi Internet connection
- Airport transfer included minimum 5 nights stay by Puri Asia
Rates in USD
|Bedrooms||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
*Rates are subject to 15,5 percent government tax & service charge. All prices and season period are subject to change without prior notice.
|Season||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|2020||05 Jan – 23 Jan
03 Feb – 26 Mar
20 Apr – 29 Apr
05 May – 11 Jun
18 Oct – 14 Dec
|24 Jan – 02 Feb
27 Mar – 07 Apr
14 Apr – 19 Apr
30 Apr – 04 May
12 Jun – 25 Jun
23 Aug – 17 Oct
|08 Apr – 13 Apr
26 Jun – 22 Aug
15 Dec – 25 Dec
|26 Dec – 06 Jan|
|2021||07 Jan – 10 Feb
21 Feb – 25 Mar
12 Apr – 29 Apr
04 May – 10 Jun
24 Oct – 14 Dec
|11 Feb – 20 Feb
26 Mar – 30 Mar
06 Apr – 11 Apr
30 Apr – 03 May
11 Jun – 24 Jun
29 Aug – 23 Oct
|31 Mar – 05 Apr
25 Jun – 28 Aug
15 Dec – 25 Dec
|26 Dec – 05 Jan|
Villa Cemara Calendar | Bali | 5 Bedrooms
- Location: Jl. Kusuma Sari, Sanur, Denpasar Sel., Kota Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia