Villa Name : Villa Markisa
Ocean View Villa $1,350 /night
Villa Markisa – Luxury Villa in Uluwatu
Villa Markisa is five bedrooms villa which is the newest of the Pandawa Estate properties, boasts the same spectacular cliff-top setting and ocean views as its neighbours, Villa Rose and The Pala. Villa Markisa will be especially appreciated by couples and families who enjoy holidaying together, but also treasure having their own private space. Beyond the main building, which houses the communal living and dining rooms, are a pair of matching two-bedroom units, each with its own pool. And hovering high above the ocean, at the front of Markisa’s generous lawn, is a splendid one-bedroom suite, again with its own pool, which lends itself beautifully to newlyweds. It’s hard to imagine a more romantic setting than this.
Villa Markisa has been finished and furnished to the same impeccable standard as the other villas on the Pandawa Cliff Estate and shares a sports centre (with squash and tennis courts), spa and gym with them. The exclusivity and scale of the estate – which can sleep up to 42 adult guests (plus several children in extra beds) has unsurprisingly made it one of Bali’s most sought-after destination wedding venues. The large, interconnecting estate grounds, complete with purpose-built facilities, can accommodate wedding for up to 400 guests. A friendly yet discreet team of butlers, housekeepers, gardeners, security and kitchen staff all work diligently under the experienced villa manager to take care of every guest requirement and two cars with drivers are on hand for those who wish to explore beyond the villa.
The crystal clear, reef-protected waters and white sands of Pandawa Beach lie immediately below the estate and can be reached via a new road that cuts down through the cliff, while many of Bali’s best surf beaches are also close by. Only slightly further afield is the sacred sea temple of Uluwatu, the New Kuta Golf Club, some cool beach bars and the many fine-dining and seafood restaurants of Jimbaran and Nusa Dua.
Bedrooms at Villa Markisa
It doesn’t get more romantic than this! Hidden out of sight from the rest of the villa, the cliff-front master bedroom at Villa Markisa enjoys spectacular views over its private bougainvillea-filled garden towards the ocean sparkling below. Antique furniture and colourful batiks decorate the room, which has a king-size bed, and seating area facing a 50-inch satellite channel TV. The marble bathroom is equally spacious, with walk-in dressing area, twin basins, rain shower enclosure and sea-view terrazzo bathtub. The bedroom opens onto an ironwood deck, where an upholstered loveseat sits before a large free-form swimming pool.
All four air-conditioned guest bedrooms are furnished with split-king beds resting against upholstered batik headboards; each can be set up as a king or twins, giving added flexibility for different guest group configurations. Each bedroom has a seating area – whether a pair of high-backed Chinese chairs or a leather chaise longue – resting on the marble-edged teakwood floor. All enjoy enchanting ocean views; the upper-level rooms opening onto a glass-fronted balcony, and the two garden level bedrooms onto the pool decks. The ensuite bathrooms are equally generous in size, with walk-in wardrobes/dressing areas, twin basins on marble vanities, monsoon shower enclosures, and statement bathtubs.
Living Spaces at Villa Markisa
One of the many attractions of Villa Markisa is the choice of communal and private living areas. On the upper level of the guest pavilion are two interconnecting air-conditioned living rooms, each with chic designer furniture — comfortably upholstered L-shaped sofa and leather-seated chairs set around a stylish coffee table facing a 43-inch satellite channel TV. Stairs from both rooms lead down to the dining rooms, each furnished with a glass-topped dining table comfortably seating six and a pair of high stools set before the bar counter separating a small kitchen with fridge. (There’s a professional kitchen just behind the villa, fitted with everything required to prepare feasts for guests.) On both levels, the huge doors separating the living and dining areas can be closed off for privacy or retracted for sociable living. There is also a private living room in the master suite, where a gilded Chinese engagement bed takes centre-stage. Other amenities here include a dining table for four, a butler’s pantry and guest washroom.
The social heart of Villa Markisa is the huge open-sided living pavilion that looks out over the vast expanse of lawn separating the guest wing from the cliff-edge master suite. This is the perfect place for afternoon tea reclining on stylishly over-sized rattan chairs, or for gathering family and friends around the eight-seater dining table for an early evening barbecue.
Making the most of the exceptional ocean view is a pavilion with a glass balcony virtually suspended over a small gorge that cuts into the cliff face. From here, you can gaze down on Pandawa Beach, see Nusa Penida on a clear day, catch the sunset, or even spot a migrating whale. Sit back here and enjoy sea-breeze-cooled lunches and leisurely candle-lit dinners accompanied by the soothing sound of the surf far below.
Set on the large ironwood decks that front each of the villa’s three swimming pools are all-weather rattan tables and sun-loungers or love seats. There is further turquoise-cushioned sea-view seating on a fourth deck that forms the roof of the master suite.
- 2.0 km to Pandawa Beach
- 14.5 km to Uluwatu Temple
- 28.0 km to Airport
- 23.0 km to Seminyak
- 57.0 km to Ubud
Service and Facilities
- Location at Kutuh village, The Bukit Peninsula, South Kuta, Bali, Indonesia.
- 10 adults (1 king and 4 split-king beds) plus 2 extra beds on request (additional charge applies).
- 2 air-conditioned interconnecting living rooms; 2 air-conditioned interconnecting dining rooms with tables for 4; air-conditioned living/dining room in master suite; living pavilion with dining for 8; cliff-edge pavilion; lawn-edge deck with seating; 3 poolside decks with sun loungers and tables for 4.
- 3 pools: 9 x 4 m; 9 x 4 m; 6.8 x 4.4m.
- Villa manager; assistant manager; full-time chef; 24-hour housekeeping, butler service and security; garden and pool staff; maintenance engineer; in-house spa therapists. Babysitters available on request.
- Western, Asian, vegetarian and children’s dishes. Requests accommodated (including special diets).
- WiFi internet access; landline for international and local calls; mobile phone coverage.
- Satellite TVs – 50-inch in master, 43-inch in apartments; DVD players; iPod dock.
- Full size tennis court; squash court; spa and gym.
- Villa Markisa is well equipped for families, and can provide baby cots, highchairs and booster seats on request.
- A 7-seater car with driver is available on a complimentary basis for up to 8 hours a day. Additional hours are charged on guest account.
- Offering an unbeatable cliff-top setting, with a large lawn and exceptional purpose-built guest facilities, weddings and events for up to 100 people can be held at Villa Markisa – and up to 400 arranged at the estate, with prior notice.
- Barbecue; diesel powered back-up generator; safety deposit boxes.
- Exclusive use of the whole villa and listed facilities
- Personal service by the villa including full time manager, chef, security
- Complimentary 1 car & driver
- Welcome drink and fruit basket upon arrival
- Turn down service
- Wifi Internet connection
- Daily breakfast
- Airport transfers for minimum 5 nights stay by Puri Asia
Rates in USD
|Bedrooms||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
*Rates are subject to 15,5 percent government tax & service charge. All prices and season period are subject to change without prior notice.
|Season||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|2020||05 Jan – 23 Jan
03 Feb – 26 Mar
20 Apr – 29 Apr
05 May – 11 Jun
18 Oct – 14 Dec
|24 Jan – 02 Feb
27 Mar – 07 Apr
14 Apr – 19 Apr
30 Apr – 04 May
12 Jun – 25 Jun
23 Aug – 17 Oct
|08 Apr – 13 Apr
26 Jun – 22 Aug
15 Dec – 25 Dec
|26 Dec – 06 Jan|
|2021||07 Jan – 10 Feb
21 Feb – 25 Mar
12 Apr – 29 Apr
04 May – 10 Jun
24 Oct – 14 Dec
|11 Feb – 20 Feb
26 Mar – 30 Mar
06 Apr – 11 Apr
30 Apr – 03 May
11 Jun – 24 Jun
29 Aug – 23 Oct
|31 Mar – 05 Apr
25 Jun – 28 Aug
15 Dec – 25 Dec
|26 Dec – 05 Jan|
Get 10 % OFF For Last Minute Booking
Villa Markisa Calendar | Bali | 5 Bedrooms
- Location: Kutuh village, The Bukit Peninsula, South Kuta, Bali, Indonesia