Villa Name : Villa Soham
Ocean View Villa $2,619 /night
Villa Soham – Luxury Ocean View Villa in Uluwatu
Poised on a cliff-top, commanding stupendous views of the ocean sparkling below, the five bedrooms fully staffed Villa Soham is one of two luxury properties at Sohamsa Ocean Estate, part of an enclave of exclusive villas on the southernmost tip of the Bukit peninsula. This still unspoilt slice of Bali feels far from the bustle of better-known tourism hotspots yet is only half an hour from the airport and close to some of the island’s best known attractions – the iconic Uluwatu sea temple, for example, the seafood restaurants of Jimbaran Bay, and some world-famous surf breaks. The coastline here is blessed with enchanting sandy coves protected by soaring cliffs.
Within the beautifully designed villa – which skilfully combines contemporary architecture with natural materials from the Indonesian archipelago – are both formal air-conditioned and casual alfresco living and dining spaces, generously sized air-conditioned bedrooms and bathrooms, a large infinity pool hugging the cliff edge, and a well-equipped gym and massage area, with sauna and steam room. After a hearty breakfast served on the dining terrace, spend your morning pushing weights in the gym, working up a sweat in the sauna and cooling off with a few laps in the pool. After a morning of activity, you’ll deserve a leisurely lunch in the poolside pavilion, and a siesta on the deck followed by a massage. Take your chauffeured car to Pandawa Beach for an afternoon swim or kayak, then sink into a deep relaxing bath with breathtaking ocean views, before adjourning to the pool pavilion for sunset cocktails and a seafood barbecue prepared by the highly accomplished chef – part of a ten-strong staff dedicated to making your time at Villa Soham really special. Maybe watch a movie in the media room, then retire to your air-conditioned bedroom for a blissful night’s sleep.
While Villa Soham can host up to 12 guests, it is perfect for multiple families or groups of friends – as many as 22 – when combined with Villa Hamsa. Conveniently for singles and those travelling with kids, three of the villa’s bedrooms can be set up as twins.
Bedrooms at Villa Soham
Custom-designed furniture, a soothing grey and ivory colour scheme, 42-inch cable TV and DVD players, extensive wardrobe space and a choice of air-conditioning or overhead fan are features of all five unusually spacious bedrooms. The bathrooms continue the contemporary theme with walls of Javanese marble and smoked glass, and cream acid-washed marble floors; all feature rain showers and there are bathtubs in three of them.
Master Bedroom Suite
Bask in the stunning views across the pool towards the ocean from the 2.4 metre wide Emperor bed resting in the centre of this huge master suite. The view is equally impressive from the bathtub set before a wall of glass in the adjoining ensuite. Both bedroom and ensuite open onto a lotus-lined teakwood deck with private seating.
Pool Guest Suites
One of the two guest bedrooms that flank the master suite is equally spacious, with the same stunning ocean view across the pool from both bedroom and bathroom, a centrally positioned bed comprising two twins (that convert to a king), and with a small terrace beyond the wall of glass. The slightly smaller second guest room has a king-size bed and faces the garden beyond a circular staircase leading to the living pavilion veranda.
Upper Guest Suites
Two further guest suites occupy a third-level wing, both with vaulted roof, twins converting to a king-size bed, daybed and ottoman, and walk-through wardrobe into the shower room. The ocean views from the south-facing guestroom are wonderful.
Living Spaces at Villa Soham
The heart of Villa Soham is the large light-flooded living pavilion that enjoys panoramic views of the ocean glistening towards the horizon. Half of the pavilion is enclosed and air-conditioned; the other half is left open-sided for alfresco living. Under the teakwood-lined vaulted roof, two over-sized sofas and designer all-weather rattan chairs encircle a black marble coffee table. A signature pendant lamp hangs over a massive marble-topped table comfortably seating 12; a butlers’ bar is discreetly tucked away behind.
Behind a stunning feature wall of Bengkirai-wood pivot doors lies the air-conditioned media room, where comfortable seating is sandwiched between the ocean view and small courtyard garden, and set before a 48-inch TV. Tucked below the pool is a large well-equipped gym with separate rooms for sauna and steam, and a massage room. If required, the gym can be converted into a spacious ocean-view conference room.
One half of the living pavilion comprises an enormous open-sided ironwood veranda lined with bench seating – the best place to enjoy the panoramic ocean vista beyond. Elsewhere on the same level is a dining terrace where eight to 10 guests may enjoy alfresco meals with a killer view.
The focus of outdoor entertainment is the enormous poolside balé with kitchenette and bar counter where guests may relax on comfortable modular seating, while staff serve sunset cocktails or the chef prepares a barbecue. Those wishing to catch the sun can recline on sun loungers set on the stone terrace by the 22-metre infinity pool almost on the cliff edge.
Service and Facilities
- Capacity for 10 guests in 5 bedrooms (all with king-size beds, three of which convert to twins). Two additional guests accommodated on extra beds (charges apply).
- Living and dining room; media room; alfresco dining terrace; open-sided pool pavilion; well equipped kitchen; gym and massage room with steam room and sauna.
- 22m swimming pool and sun terrace.
- Both villas share a team of ten staff, including a villa manager; villa attendants; chef; gardener; engineer; security. Additional staff (eg babysitters, massage and beauty therapists) are available at additional charge.
- A suggestion menu of Balinese, Indonesian, Asian, Western, vegetarian and kids’ dishes; barbecue menu; off-menu requests accommodated (including special diets).
- WiFi internet access; PABX room-to-room phone system; laptop on request.
- 48-inch flat-screen TV with cable channels and DVD player in media room; 42-inch TV and DVD player in the bedrooms; Sonos sound system; DVD library.
- Villa Soham is well equipped for families with young children. Facilities include high chair; cot; pool toys; Playstation. Other equipment can be hired on request (extra charges apply).
- Gym with treadmill, cycle, cross-trainer, weights bench; in villa treatments selected from a comprehensive spa menu carried out by professional beauty therapists in the massage room (extra cost applies); sauna and steam room; private gym garden.
- In-room safes; barbecue; back-up generator.
- Included in the rental is a chauffeured 7-passenger car, provided for guests’ convenience for up to 8 hours a day. Overtime and petrol extra.
- Wi-Fi internet connection
- 1 car and driver daily (excluding arrival and departure days)
- Welcome drink and fruit basket
- Turn down setup service
- Personal service by the villa staff including full time manager, house keeper, chef and security
- Exclusive use whole villa and listed facilities
- Airport transfer for minimum 5 nights stay by Puri Asia
Rates in USD
|Bedrooms||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|9 Sohamsa Estate||2619||2997||3564||4032|
*Rates are subject to 15,5 percent government tax & service charge. All prices and season period are subject to change without prior notice.
|Season||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|2020||05 Jan – 23 Jan
03 Feb – 26 Mar
20 Apr – 29 Apr
05 May – 11 Jun
18 Oct – 14 Dec
|24 Jan – 02 Feb
27 Mar – 07 Apr
14 Apr – 19 Apr
30 Apr – 04 May
12 Jun – 25 Jun
23 Aug – 17 Oct
|08 Apr – 13 Apr
26 Jun – 22 Aug
15 Dec – 25 Dec
|26 Dec – 06 Jan|
|2021||07 Jan – 10 Feb
21 Feb – 25 Mar
12 Apr – 29 Apr
04 May – 10 Jun
24 Oct – 14 Dec
|11 Feb – 20 Feb
26 Mar – 30 Mar
06 Apr – 11 Apr
30 Apr – 03 May
11 Jun – 24 Jun
29 Aug – 23 Oct
|31 Mar – 05 Apr
25 Jun – 28 Aug
15 Dec – 25 Dec
|26 Dec – 05 Jan|
Get 10 % OFF For Last Minute Booking
Villa Soham Calendar | Bali | 5 Bedrooms
- Location: Bukit Badung, Ungasan, South Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali, Indonesia