Villa Name : Ivory House
Ricefield View Villa $400 /night
Ivory House tucked into the vibrant paddy fields of Galle, Sri Lanka, combines cutting-edge design with Dutch colonial style to create a villa that is both chic and comfortable. There are two beautiful master suites and two equally impressive queen bedrooms with overhead fans and air con. All are ensuite, three with indoor/outdoor bathrooms. Large retractable shutters surround the house and open out onto the paddy, allowing the beautiful rural scene to flow in with the cooling breeze. The enticing twenty-meter pool accommodates all; those looking to relax, refresh and submerge or the more energetic length-types.The pavilion maximises time spent poolside with a BBQ, shade, shower and bathroom facilities.
The first room of Ivory House is the sitting room that has a large sofa and armchairs flanked by über trendy photo lamps. The large retractable shutters can be fully opened to reveal the widescreen panorama of the iridescent green rice paddy. The large satellite television is just to the right, along with a surround sound music system. The elegant contemporary design is cleverly complemented by original features throughout. Not only does Ivory House look good, it feels good! The large tri-fold doors facing the paddy fields allow the cooling breeze to circulate the house, and the extended veranda keeps the sun at bay. Leading from the sitting room are the two smaller – though by no means small – bedrooms. Both have queen-sized beds, ensuite bathrooms, outdoor showers and air conditioning. Small antiques, such as fans and typewriters add a certain romance. Running through the center of the house is a sleek space, housing the kitchen and indoor dining area. The dining table sits on the paddy side of the house, allowing for some temperate dining whilst the atmosphere is enhanced by bare light bulbs hanging from the high ceiling. On the other side is the kitchen, equipped with everything you need, as well as good storage.
Slightly set back in an alcove are two doors leading to each of the two master suites. The rooms are gargantuan, furnished with beautiful four-poster king beds and antique furniture. Both rooms are ensuite with air conditioning and one has a double outdoor shower whilst the other has a tub. Large retractable shutters allow the breeze and scenery to flood the room that is probably best enjoyed whilst sipping a cup of tea in bed. The fantastic twenty-meter pool runs perpendicular to the paddy and boasts a large step dropping off into deeper waters, allowing for hearty morning swims as well as a more casual afternoon dip. The wonderful large open space of the pavilion neatly doubles as a BBQ and party area by night, with the added convenience of the in-situ shower and W.C. facilities. Whether you’re enjoying the sunset from the veranda, the paddy fields from the pool, or yoga on the pavilion, you will be immersed in peace and tranquillity.
Service and Facilities
- Bedroom 1: Master Suite: King size 4 poster bed. Air con. Overhead fan. Ensuite bathroom with tub and shower. French windows leading to verandah overlooking rice paddy fields
- Bedroom 2: Master Suite: King size 4 poster bed. Air con. Overhead fan. Ensuite bathroom with shower.
- Bedroom 3: Guest double: Sleigh bed. Air con. Overhead fan. Ensuite bathroom with outdoor shower.
- Bedroom 4: Guest double: Sleigh bed. Air con. Overhead fan. Ensuite bathroom with outdoor shower.
- Sitting room: Sofa and armchairs. Overhead fan. Sat TV/DVD/Wifi. French windows with garden and rice paddy field views.
- Dining room: Large ebony table with benches. Huge teak doors opening to garden and rice paddy views.
- Kitchen: Fully equipped modern kitchen.
- Pool: 20m infinity edge. Designed for floating around and laps.
- Staff: Chef, houseboy, room lady and gardener/night watchman.
- Safety box
- Laundry services
- Night time security
- Internet connection capable
|Bedroom||Low Season||Mid Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|4 Bedrooms||USD 400||USD 450||USD 550||USD 950|
*Rates are subject to 11.7% service charge, taxes, etc.
|Low Season||Mid Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|01 May – 30 Jun
01 Sep – 30 Nov
|01 Jul – 31 Aug
01 Dec – 15 Dec
11 Jan – 31 Jan
11 Feb – 19 Apr
28 Apr – 30 Apr
|01 Feb – 10 Feb
22 Apr – 27 Apr
|16 Dec – 10 Jan|