Villa Name : Villa Akuvara
Beachfront View Villa $750 /night
Villa Akuvara – Luxury Four Bedroom Villa in Koh Samui
Villa Akuvara is four bedrooms villa which is located next to Haad Lipa Noi, Samui’s prettiest yet quietest beach – a stretch of near-white sand edged with straight-soaring coconut palms and gently whispering casuarina trees. Akuvara means Sea in the ancient Sanskrit language. Villa Akuvara is not as grand as some other villas in the area, not as show-off. Its scale is more compact, more friendly, you might say; more approachable, more livable. For a family or a small group of friends this Samui villa, with its 20-metre infinity-view pool, is the perfect tropical beachside getaway.
Its architecture is simple, modern and uncluttered, with whole walls consisting entirely of glass to take full advantage of that glorious sea view. Modern it may be, but the lovingly kept garden and the sand-coloured pathways that lead through it blend the whole calmly into the landscape. Friendly statues dot the lawns that separate the four-bedroom pavilions, and ten-times-lifesize, whimsically colourful tokay gecko bas-reliefs climb the walls to surprise and delight the unwary. Akuvara is not all about lazing in the sun, of course. There’s a kayak for the more adventurous to explore the Sea, and games of pool, beach football or beach volleyball are all easy to organize. And that’s not forgetting the many delights of Samui Island that lie within easy reach by car. Nowhere is far.
As the sun leaves its throne and slides down the canopy of the sky, the colours change to the brilliant oranges, pinks, reds and greens of a spectacular tropical sunset. It’s probably time for sundowners overlooking the sea.
Bedrooms at Villa Akuvara
As might be expected, the master bedroom has pride of place at the villa, with huge sliding glass doors giving immediate access to the pool and a heart-soaring view of the ocean. A king-size bed is complemented by two large and inviting armchairs, all enhanced with beautiful silk cushions, and the room is equipped with an iPod/iPhone dock and a large flat-screen TV with DVD player.
The ensuite bathroom has twin vanities and a conventional shower, but pride of place goes to the huge square tub next door, easily big enough for two and open to the sky for romantic bath-time stargazing.
Guest Bedrooms 2 and 3
These two bedrooms, though smaller than the master, are every bit as comfortable. One has a king-size bed, the other twin beds. Both have ensuite bathrooms with showers.
The Upstairs Guest Suite
Above the garage, this suite is equipped with all the facilities to make a self-contained unit. It has a roomy bedroom with king-size bed and sitting area, and a spacious balcony overlooking the rest of the villa and the sea beyond. The kitchenette includes a breakfast bar, fridge, microwave and electric cooker with two hotplates. In the bedroom is a large TV with DVD player and a CD player with radio and iPod/iPhone docking station.
Living Areas at Villa Akuvara
The indoor social focus of Akuvara is the lounge, with its glass doors opening out onto the pool deck. Here, a large L-shaped sofa and armchairs arranged around a teak coffee table demand relaxation. A big TV screen connected to satellite and cable, a sound system, an iPod/iPhone dock and a media streamer with capacious hard drive provide entertainment.
Behind the lounge is a smaller sitting room with two large armchairs, a chess board and another big TV with DVD player. Perhaps a place to send the kids off to – or to escape from them.
In between these two rooms is a small but well equipped kitchen, with a hatchway through to the main lounge. It is fitted with a large fridge, an oven, a microwave and an electric hob. Probably better to let the chef do the work, though…
A unique feature of Akuvara is the relaxation room above the lounge. Under the sloping eaves, this room, too, has glass doors overlooking the sea and two very comfortable day beds.
Just in case the weather misbehaves, a dining pavilion with an eight-seater table awaits just behind the kitchen.
Whether you enjoy swimming in the warm tropical sea, as comforting as a lover’s embrace; or cooling off in the fresh water of a pool, at Akuvara you can have it both ways. The 20-metre pool is just a couple of steps away from the beach.
Next to the pool, at the end of the large deck, is the sumptuous sala. You may have to get up a little early to claim one of the two uber-comfortable day beds set up in the shade here. But if not, a lounger alongside the pool makes a good sun-drenched alternative.
The gardens that weave between the buildings at Akuvara offer hidden groves where a shady seat can be set up to enjoy quiet and privacy.
For more energetic types, there’s a kayak for exploring the waters around the villa, and Akuvara also has the equipment to set up games of beach football or beach volleyball. Or there’s the option of a quiet jog along the beach, which is almost deserted most of the time
Service and Facilities
- Capacity for 8 people (4 ensuite bedrooms: 3 with king-size beds, 1 with twin beds). Two rooms can take spare beds (extra fee may apply) to sleep a maximum of 10 people.
- Poolside lounge, TV and video room; indoor and outdoor dining; beachside sala with two large sun beds; spacious poolside deck, mature gardens with winding paths.
- Beachside pool 20m x 5m.
- Villa manager, chef, housekeeper, nighttime security. Additional staff (nanny/babysitter, masseuse, fitness instructor) available on request for extra charge.
- Daily breakfast is included in the villa rate. Akuvara’s chef is expert at both Thai and other Asian food, and Western cuisines. Guest requests are accommodated as far as possible (including special diets).
- Complimentary WiFi in all areas, reaching onto the beach. Mobile phone service. Mobile phone for guest use (local calls). Printer for computer.
- Satellite/cable feed (two TVs); media streamer; iPod/iPad/iPhone docking systems for music streaming; Bluetooth speakers; two DVD players with selection of discs; Apple TV 4K; library; chessboard; equipment for beach football and beach volleyball; kayak.
- Pool toys, beach swing, high chair, baby cot, children’s plates an cutlery, bottle sterilizer, baby bath facilities, children’s DVDs.
- Airport transfers, car or minibus hire and taxi pick-ups can easily be arranged by the villa manager. Extra fees may apply.
- Massages can be arranged in-room, in the sala or near the beach; barbecue; safes in all bedrooms.
- Daily breakfast
- One roundtrip airport transfer
- Welcome fruit bowl, restocked daily
- Kids welcome pack
- Exclusive use whole villa facilities
- Wi-Fi internet connection
- Personal service by the villa staff
Rates in USD
|Bedrooms||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
*Rates are subject to 17,7 percent government tax & service charge. All prices and season period are subject to change without prior notice.
|Season||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|2019||23 Apr – 30 Jun
01 Sep – 26 Sep
08 Oct – 12 Dec
|01 Jul – 31 Aug
27 Sep – 07 Oct
13 Dec – 19 Dec
|01 Feb – 10 Feb (CNY)
29 Mar – 22 Apr (Easter)
|20 Dec – 05 Jan|
|2020||26 Apr – 30 Jun
01 Sep – 25 Sep
08 Oct – 10 Dec
|06 Jan – 22 Jan
02 Feb – 27 Mar
01 Jul – 31 Aug
26 Sep – 07 Oct
|23 Jan – 01 Feb (CNY)
28 Mar – 25 Apr (Easter)
11 Dec – 17 Dec
|18 Dec – 10 Jan|
|2021||21 Apr – 30 Jun||11 Jan – 10 Feb
18 Feb – 02 Apr
|11 Feb – 17 Feb (CNY)
03 Apr – 20 Apr (Easter)
Villa Akuvara Calendar | Koh Samui | 4 Bedrooms
- Location: Lipa Noi, Koh Samui, Thailand