Villa Name : Villa Waimarie
Beachfront View Villa $1,100 /night
Villa Waimarie – Luxury Beachfront Villa in Koh Samui
Villa Waimarie located in the most impressive of half a dozen high-end absolute beachfront villas on the southern stretch of Koh Samui’s most beautiful yet quietest beach, Lipa Noi, this Samui villa looks west across the Gulf of Siam. It is six minutes from the nearest town, Nathon (good for some easy basic shopping) and 50 minutes from Chaweng, the island’s main nexus for shopping, dining and nightlife. The airport is 50 minutes’ drive, while the car ferry jetty is 6 minutes away.
Birdsong greets you as you drift out of sleep; mynahs and bulbuls and flower peckers competing for air time. They love the tropical gardens at Villa Waimarie: the yellow and red ixora bushes, the red, pink or white hibiscus, the scarlet flame of the forest bushes and, towering above all, the majestic African tulip tree that drops goblet-size orange flowers on the lawns. A winding brick path takes you through the lush gardens and then here it is: the peaceful water (“Waimarie” in the Maori language) of the Gulf of Siam and the almost deserted white sand of Lipa Noi Beach. Sip your coffee in the large shady sala next to the pool of this heavenly Samui villa as you gaze out across the water. Close to the shore it’s pale green. Then comes a band of dark amethyst, giving way to aquamarine stretching to the horizon. Five islands pick up the morning sunlight and behind them the mountains of mainland Thailand form a blue-grey graph against the sky. Villa Waimarie has six ensuite guest rooms, configured in three cottages, each with a connecting door so that families can stay connected. Close to the beach are the spacious dining pavilion and the lounge pavilion, with its huge sink-into sofas and armchairs.
The friendly staff – villa manager, chef, housemaids, gardeners and security guard – ensures every request is met efficiently, and always with a smile. Families love this place. Nanny service can be provided and for older kids there is the villa’s own tennis court, along with two sea kayaks and two stand-up paddle boards and all the gear for beach volleyball. Villa Waimarie is popular not only with families or groups of friends but also for weddings and other social or corporate events, accommodating up to 30 people seated (40 standing).
Bedrooms at Villa WaiMarie
The six bedrooms at Waimarie are arranged in pairs in three spacious bungalows. Each pair has a connecting door making the bungalows ideal for families, though these doors can, if required, be locked for privacy. Each air-conditioned room has a shady veranda with sofa and armchair. All six rooms have huge ensuite bathrooms with double vanities and a rain shower. Pride of place, however, goes to the elegant freestanding bathtubs, each set beneath a glass roof. Botticelli’s Venus would be delighted to emerge from such a shell.
Three King Guest Rooms
Through the sliding glass doors of each of these rooms, a luxurious king-size bed – one of them a four-poster bed with mosquito netting – waits beneath the sloping white ceiling with its wooden beams and ceiling fan. Facing the bed is a large chaise longue with colourful cushions and, in a corner, an elegant teak desk and chair. These are rooms not only for sleeping but also, perhaps, for a nightcap and a quiet discussion about plans for the following day. Let’s sleep on that.
Two Twin Guest Rooms
These two bedrooms, though smaller, are every bit as comfortable. Each has two large single beds, ideal for children of any age, or simply for good friends. If preferred, the beds can be joined to make kings. One of these rooms has a wide-screen TV and DVD player.
The same dimensions as the twin bedrooms, this room features a pair of bunk beds. Perfect for a bedtime game of pirates or spaceships. But all of the bunks are full-size singles, so can also accommodate teens or adults. Anyone for a pillow fight? This room is also equipped with a wide-screen TV and DVD player.
Living Areas at Villa WaiMarie
As befits its beachside tropical location, much of Waimarie’s indoor living is almost outdoors, with wide glass doors to the lounge and dining pavilions opening to allow the sea breezes and the view of the Gulf of Thailand to float into the interior.
The dining pavilion, attached to the kitchen, has a large square table that easily seats 12, as well as a spacious breakfast bar. There are four refrigerators, including a wine cooler, and a well equipped and stocked coffee station. One wall is taken over by a large replica of a bas-relief from Angkor Wat, showing a Hindu god and his court.
Close by, the lounge pavilion has huge sofas and armchairs to sink into. An impressive teakwood central divider splits the room into social/reading area and entertainment area. The latter has a generous wide-screen TV with satellite connection, DVD player, Apple TV 4K box, and iPod station. A high-end stereo connects to smart phones or other compatible players, to relay guests’ choice of music through the lounge and the neighbouring sala.
Here, too, the owners’ love of classic Asian art is in evidence, the back wall being home to two intricate wood carvings.
A big favourite with Waimarie guests is the beachside sala. It’s huge: big enough for a long dining table with benches either side, and a massive L-shaped sofa and two armchairs looking out to sea. Fans in the vaulted ceiling keep the shady interior cool. This is the real social centre of the villa.
Some people like swimming in the sea; some prefer a pool. At Waimarie you’re spoiled for choice. The 15 -metre pool, partially shaded by a large banyan tree with twisted roots, is two steps away from the beach
The extensive gardens surrounding the rooms at Villa Waimarie are a tropical delight, with manicured lawns fringed with hedges of yellow and red ixora, and overhung with scarlet flame-of-the-forest bushes. Presiding over all are tall coconut palms and an African tulip tree, which carelessly drops huge orange booms onto the lawns below. Birds and butterflies flit constantly from one leafy nook to another. And kids will be thrilled to find a playground within the villa gardens.
For those who just can’t idle in the sun, the sea or the pool all day, the villa has a swing hanging over the beach, table tennis, and all the equipment you’ll need for a game of football or volleyball on the beach. If you prefer your activities wet and salty, there are two sea kayaks and two stand-up paddleboards. Pride of place in the list of activities goes to the private tennis court, which also has a basketball hoop in one corner.
And then there’s the beach. Lipa Noi Beach has to be one of the world’s most delightful yet least known tropical gems. Soft white sand with almost no one on it. Warm sea with islands in the distance. And at sunset, the perfect venue for a sundowner or two.
Service and Facilities
- Capacity for 14 people (six ensuite bedrooms: 3 king-bedded guest rooms, 2 guest rooms with twin beds that convert to king, and a kids’ room with 4 bunk beds). Extra beds are available on request at small extra charge.
- Dining room with breakfast bar; poolside lounge; poolside TV and video room; huge beachside sala.
- Beachside pool 15m x 5m x 2.5m.
- Villa manager, chef, housekeeping and service staff, 24-hour security. Additional staff (nanny/babysitter, masseuse, pilates/tennis/muay Thai instructor) available on request for extra charge.
- Rates include daily breakfast; Villa Waimarie’s chef is expert at both Thai food and Western cuisines. Guest requests are accommodated as far as possible (including special diets).
- Complimentary WiFi in all areas, reaching onto the beach. Mobile phone service.
- Satellite TV, DVD players with selection of discs; Apple TV 4K; library; iPod dock; Bluetooth speakers in lounges and the sala; table tennis; two kayaks and two stand-up paddleboards; basketball hoop in corner of the tennis court; beach volleyball net and ball available. For parties, magicians, Thai dancers, cabaret acts and more can be arranged.
- Villa Waimarie is extremely well-equipped and located for families with children of all ages. Facilities include: Pool toys; beach toys; beach swing; slides; high chairs; baby cots; bottle steriliser; children’s DVDs and books.
- Your villa manager can arrange chauffeured or self-drive cars. There is parking space for three vehicles at the villa.
- Events for up to 60 people can be arranged in the villa gardens (or 40 standing/30 seated indoors) with prior notice. Entertainment for parties can be arranged. Extra costs for events and entertainment apply.
- Tennis court and equipment available; barbecue; safes in all bedrooms.
- Daily breakfast
- Exclusive use whole villa facilities
- Wi-Fi internet connection
- Personal service by the villa staff
- Welcome drink and fruit basket
Rates in USD
|Bedrooms||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
*Rates are subject to 17,7 percent government tax & service charge. All prices and season period are subject to change without prior notice.
|Season||Low Season||Shoulder Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|2019||23 Apr – 30 Jun
01 Sep – 26 Sep
08 Oct – 12 Dec
|01 Jul – 31 Aug
27 Sep – 07 Oct
13 Dec – 19 Dec
|01 Feb – 10 Feb (CNY)
29 Mar – 22 Apr (Easter)
|20 Dec – 05 Jan|
|2020||26 Apr – 30 Jun
01 Sep – 25 Sep
08 Oct – 10 Dec
|06 Jan – 22 Jan
02 Feb – 27 Mar
01 Jul – 31 Aug
26 Sep – 07 Oct
|23 Jan – 01 Feb (CNY)
28 Mar – 25 Apr (Easter)
11 Dec – 17 Dec
|18 Dec – 10 Jan|
|2021||21 Apr – 30 Jun||11 Jan – 10 Feb
18 Feb – 02 Apr
|11 Feb – 17 Feb (CNY)
03 Apr – 20 Apr (Easter)
Villa Waimarie Calendar | Koh Samui | 6 Bedrooms
- Location: Lipa Noi Beach, west coast, Koh Samui, Thailand